EATING OUT IN ROMANIA

17 11 2013

In our stay in Romania, the KPUP teams could enjoy the delicious dishes our romanian hosts offered us.

Durante nuestra estancia en Rumania, los equipos KPUP pudimos disgrutar de los deliciosos platos que nuestros anfitriones rumanos nos ofrecieron.

Romanian cuisine is a diverse blend of different dishes from several traditions with which it has come into contact, but it also maintains its own character. It has been greatly influenced by Otoman cuisine while it also includes influences from the cuisines of other neighbours, such as Germans, Serbs, Bulgarians and Hungarians.

La cocina rumana es una mezcla de diferentes platos de varias tradiciones con las que ha mantenido el contacto a lo largo de la historia, aunque también tiene su propìo carácter. Ha recibido fuerte influencia de la cocina otomana y también ha recibido influencias de otros países vecinos como los alemanes, los serbos, los búlgares y los húngaros.

Quite different types of dishes are sometimes included under a generic term; for example, the category ciorba includes a wide range of soups with a characteristic sour taste. These may be meat and vegetable soups, tripe (ciorba de burta) and calf foot soups, or fish soups, all of which are soured by lemmon juice, sauerkraut juice, vinegar, or traditionally bors

Muchos platos diferentes se incluyen a veces en la misma categoría bajo un nombre genérico; por ejemplo, la categoría ciorba incluye una amplia variedad de sopas con un sabor amargo característico. Estas pueden ser sopas de carne o de verduras, sopa de callos (de cerdo o cordero), sopa de pescado, a menudo rociadas con zumo de limón, jugo de col, vinagre o los tradicionales bors

We visited some nice restaurants in the different cultural trip we made around, such as: TERRA (in Fagaras) , CASA CU CERB”House with the stag” (in Sighisoara), CHEILE GRADISTEL (near Bran), TULGHES (near BaleaLake). We also were invited to have lunch at school.

Visitamos algunos bonitos restaurantes en las diferentes visitas culturales que realizamos, como:  TERRA (en Fagaras) , CASA CU CERB”House with the stag” (en Sighisoara), CHEILE GRADISTEL (cerca de  Bran), TULGHES (cerca de BaleaLake). También nos invitaron a almorzar en el Instituto.



Brasov, Friday, 11 Oct

16 11 2013

 

Brasov is by excellence a place of the multiculturalism. The town has been founded by the Saxon colonists, encompassing three suburbs outside of the Stroghold walls, one inhabited by the Romanians, the other by the Magyars and the third by Saxon peasants, as shown by the Saxon humanist and reformer Johannes Honterus, by the middle of the XVI th century.

Brasov es por excelencia la ciudad del muticulturaismo. Esta ciudad fue fundada por los colonos sajones, formando tres barrios en las afueras de las murallas de Stroghold, una habitada por los rumanos, otra por los magiaros y una tercera por los campesinos sajones, como nos muestra el humanista y reformador sajón Johannes Honterus, a mediados del siglo XVI.

THE MUSEUM OF THE URBAN CIVILIZATION It is a pilot Project unique in Romania, throght its thematic nature, which recreates the way of life of the inhabitants of an urban space an the comercial relationships of Brasov with the Orient and the Occident, across the XVIIIth and the XIX th centuries.

THE MEMORIAL MUSEUM CASA MURESENILOR The museum established in 1968, thanks to the donation made by the descendats of Muresianu family, exhibits a valuable collection of objects of the familiy, among which pieces of furniture, paintings, sculptures and an archive of great cultural value, containing more tan 25.000 documents. The Museum is hosted by the building dating back to the XVth- XIXth centuries, became residence of Muresenilor family since 1840.

EL MEMORIAL CASA MUSEO MURESENILOR El museo se estableció en 1968, con objectos de la familia, entre los cuales son de gran valor cultural, piezas de mobiliario, pinturas, esculturas y un archivo que contine más de 2.500 documentos. El museo está ubicado en un edificio que data del los siglos XV y XVI y que fue la residencia de la familia Muresenilor desde 1840.

THE MUSEUM COMPLEX OF THE FIRST ROMANIAN SCHOOL Near the church there is the first Romanian school, which wooden building has been replaced by a stone construction, superposed in the XVIIIthe century. Between 1556anf 1583, the Deacon Coresi printed at Brasov the biggest number of books in Romanian language of the XVIth century on the actual territory of the country.

EL MUSEO DE LA PRIMERA ESCUELA RUMANA. Cerca de la Iglesia se ubica la primera escuela rumana, cuyo tejado de madera ha sido reemplazado por uno de piedra. Entre los años 1556 y 1583, el deácono Coresi imprimió en Brasov el mayor número de libros en lengua rumana en el siglo XVI y en el actual territorio.

THE ART MUSEUM On the line of the north-eastern fortifications of the old Stronghold erected around the town was built the Palace of the Artisans Associations in 1902, in neo-Baroque style, which hosts since 1970 The Art Museum, initially a section of the Regional Museum (1950). The painting, graphic and sculpture collections are representatives for both the Romanian modern and contemporary Art and the Transylvanian art specific to the XVII-XXth centuries, with a patrimony of more tan 3,800 items

EL MUSEO DE ARTE En la frontera de las fortificaciones al noereste de la antigua Stronghold se construyó el Palacio de la Asociación de Artesanos en 1902, de estilo neobarroco, que, desde 1970, alberga el Museo de Arte, originariamente el Museo Regional (1950). Las pinturas, los gráficos y la collección de esculturas son representativas tanto de la Rumania moderna como del arte contemporanio y el arte transilvano específico de los siglos XVII-XX, con un patrimonio de más de 3.800 artículos.

THE BLACK CHURCH

The imposing building in the centre of Brasov was built during the 14-15th century. The construction started in 1383. The proportions of the Gothic Church laid out on the construction plan were huge: 89m long, 38m wide and 42m high. From the two towers planned, only one was built, a 65m high one. In 1421, when the construction work was nearing its end, Turkish raids caused extensive damage to the church as well.

LA IGLESIA NEGRA

El impresionante edificio en el entro de Brasov se constuyó durante los sigos XIV y XV. La construcción comenzó en 1383. Las proporcines de la Catedral gótica basadas en el plan de construión eran gigantescas: 89 metros de largo, 38 de ancho y 42 de altura. De las dos torres planficadas, sólo se construyó una. En 1421, cuando la obra estaba casi terminada, los asedios turcos causaron un gran daño a la edificación.



THE ASTRA MUSEUM OF TRADITIONAL FOLK CIVILIZATION

15 11 2013

The KPUP COMENIUS team could visit the ASTRA Museum in our visit to Romania.The “ASTRA” Museum is located in the Dumbrava Sibiului nature reserve, the most beautiful site for a Romanian opening air museum, in a landscape that is representaive for all types of traditional rural settlements, meaning wooded hills, plains and valley crossed by streams, glades lit by sun light or shaded by secular oaks, lakes surrounded by reeds, paths meandering along fir trees, paths connecting gathered or scattered clusters of houses just like the villages in the times of yore.

El equipo KPUP Comenius visitó el Mueso ASTRA en su visita a Rumania. El museo “ASTRA” está situado en la reserva natural de Dumbrava Sibiului, el enclave más hermoso para un museo al aire libre, en un paisaje que  es representativo para todo tipo de asesntamiento rural, pronunciadas colinas de bosques, llanuras y valles atravesados por arroyos, claros iluminados por la luz del sol o ensombrecidos por los seculares robles, lagos rodeados de cañas, senderos serpenteando a lo largo de los abetos, caminos que conectan racimos, recogidos o dispersos, de las casas como en los pueblos de los tiempos de antaño.

The museum covers an area of about 96 ha and its the largest open air museum in Romania. About 400 authentics constructions have been tranferred here from all over the country as they show the technical level, the talent and skill with which the peasant craftmen have built a true traditional wood civilization.

El museo cubre un área de unos 96 hectáreas y es el museo al aire libre más grande en Rumania. SE han transportado aquí alrededor de unas 400 construcciones de todas las partes del país lo que demuestra el nivel técnico, el talento y la habilidad con la que cada campesino ha construido una verdadera civilización de casas en madera.

The museum was founded in 1963 as a representative museum for the folk technique according to a theme unique in the world.

El Museo se fundó en 1963 como un museo representativo de la tecnología popular de acuerdo con un tema único en el mundo.

The thematic settlement of the peasant homesteads is meant to illustrate the most important occupations of people who have organized their life and community by exploring and rationally valuing the natural and local resources: hunting and fishing (the Delta Danube), agriculture, sheep breeding, fruit growing and oil processing, rural crafts (weaving and knitting, furrier leather processing, blacksmithing and pottery), exploitation of minerals (stone, marble, salt, gold, and oil), lime processing, wood crafts (carpentry and joinery, wheelwrights and coopery), manufacturing of staves for the loom, the making of musical instruments, wood cutting, extraction and processing of wax, wax or sheep tallow candle making, reed exploitation and processing, hydraulic processing of fabrics, manufacturing of ornamental cords.

Los asentamientos temáticos  de los hogares de los campesinos es ua forma de ilustrar las ocupaciones más importantes de unas personas que organizaron su vida y su comunidad explorando y valorando racionalmente los recursos naturales y locales: caza y pesca (Delta del Danubio), agricultura, cría de ovejas, fruticultura, procesamiento de petróleo, artesanía rural (tejer y hacer punto, cuero peletero, herrería, cerámica), explotación de minerales (piedra, mármol, sal, oro y aceite), procesimiento de cal, artesanía en madera (carpintería, ruedas y corrales), fabricación de duelas para los telares, construccón de instrumentos musicales, cortes de madera, extracción y procesamiento de cera, fabricación de velas de cera o de oveja, explotación y procesamiento de la caña, procesos de fabricación hidráulica, fabricación  de cuerdas ornamentales. 

All these activities are illustrated through a rigorous selection of representative household, transferred over the years from the villages were the crafts were practiced.

Todas estas actividades son ilustradas a través de un riguroso proceso se selección de los hogares representaivos transferidos a lo largo de los años desde todas las aldeas donde estas se practicaban estos oficios.



BRAN CASTLE (DRACULA CASTLE)

12 11 2013

Bran Castle is situated near Bran and in the immediate vicinity of Brasov. It is a national monument and landmark in Romania. The fortress is situated on the border between Transylvania and Wallachia

El Castillo BRAN está situado cerca de Bran y en las inmediaciones de la vecina Brasov. Es un monumento nacional y lugar famoso en Rumanía. La fortaleza está situada en la frontera entre Transilvania y Valaquia.

Commonly known as “Drácula Castle” (although it is one among several locations linked to the Drácula legend, including Poenari Castle and Hunyad Castle), it is marketed as the home of the titular character in Bram Stoker´s Drácula. There is, however, no evidence that Stoker knew anything about this castle, which was only tangential associations with Vlad III, voivode of Walachia, the putative inspiration for Drácula. As discovered by the Dutch author Hans Corneel de Roots, the location Bran Stoker actually had in mind for Castle Drácula while writing his novel was an empty mountain top, Mount Izvorul Calimanului, 2,033 m high, located in the Transylvanian Kelemen Alps near the former border with Moldavia.

Se le conoce comúnmente con el nombre de Castillo de Drácula (aunque es sólo uno de las diferentes localizaciones unidas a la leyenda de Drácula junto con el Castillo Poenari y el Castillo Hunyad), se le ha etiquetado como el hogar del protagonista del Drácula de Bram Stoker. No Hay, sin embargo, ninguna evidencia de que Stoker conociera este castillo, que representa sólo una asociación con Vlad III, señor de Valaquia, el inspirador putativo de Drácula. Como descubrió el autor Holandés Hans Corneel de Roots, la localización que verdaderamente tenía en mente Bram Stoker como Castillo de Drácula mientras escribía su novela era la cima de una montaña deshabitada, el Monte Izvoroul Calimanului, de 2.033 metros de altitud, situado en los Alpes Transilvanos de Kelemen cerca de la frontera con Moldavia.

The castle is now a museum open to torists, displaying art and furniture collected by Queen Marie. Tourists can see the interior individually or by a guided tour. At the bottom of the hill there is a small open air museum park exhibiting traditional Romanian peasant structures (cottages, barns, etc) from across the country.

El castillo es ahora un museo abierto a los turistas, con exposiciones de arte y mobiliario de la Reina Marie. Los turistas pueden ver el interior solos o con visitas guiadas. En la parte de abajo de la colina hay un pequeño museo a aire libre que exhibe  edificaciones tradicionales de los campesinos rumanos (cabañas, graneros…) de todo el país.

In 1212, teutonic Knights built the wooden castle of Dietrichstein as a fortified position in the Burzenland at the entrance to a mountain valley through which traders had travelled for more than a millennium, but in 1242 it was destroyed by the Mongols.

En 1212, los caballeros teutónicos construyeron el castillo Dietrichstein en madera como una posición fortificada en Burzenland, en la entrada al valle a la montaña a través de la cual los comerciantes habían viajado durante más de un milenio, pero en 1242 el castillo fue destruido por los Mongoles.

The first documented mentioning of Bran Castle is the act issued by Louis I of Hungary on November 19, 1377, giving the Saxons of Kronstadt (Brasov) the privilege to build the stone citadel on their own expense and labor force; the settlement of Bran began to develop nearby. In 1438- 1442, the castle was used in defense against the Ottoman Empire, and later became a customs post on the mountain pass between Transylvania and Wallachia. It is believed the castle was briefly held by Mircea the Elder of Wallachia during whose period the customs point was established.

El primer documento escrito que menciona el Castillo Bran es el acta firmada por Luis I de Hungría el 19 de noviembre de 1377, que otorgaba a los Sajones de Krondstadt (Brasov) el privilegio de construir una ciudadela de piedra asumiendo gasto y trabajo; el asentamiento de Bran empezó a desarrollarse muy cerca. En 1438-1442. el castillo se usó como defensa contra el Imperio Otomano, y más tarde como un puesto fronterizo entre Transilvania y Valaquia. Se cree que durante esa época el castillo estaba regentad por Mircea, el hijo mayor de los Wallachia.

The Wallachian ruler Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler) 1448-1476 does not seem to have had a significant role in the history of the fortress, although he passed several times thruogh the Bran Gorge.

El gobernante Vlad Tepes (Vlad el Empalador) 1448-1476 no parece haber tenido una significancia especial en la historia de la fortaleza, aunque transitó varias veces por las cercanías de las hoces de Bran.

In 1920, the castle became a royal residence within the Kingdom of Romania. It became the favourite home and retreat of Queen Marie. The castle was inherited by her daughter Princess Ileana and was later seized by the communist regime with the expulsion of the royal family in 1948.

En 1920, el castillo se convirtió en la residencia real en e reino de Rumanía. Se convirtió e el hogar favorito y el lugar de descanso de la Reina Marie. Su hija, la Princesa Ileana, heredó el Castillo y más tarde el régimen comunista se apropió de él con la expulsión de la familia real en 1948.

In 2005, the Romanian government passed a special law allowing restitution claims on properties illegally expropiated, such as Bran, and thus a year later the castle was awarded ownership to Dominic von Habsburg, the son and heir of Princess Ileana.

En 2005, el gobierno rumano aprobó una ley especial que permitía las demandas de restitución de las propiedades que había sido expropiadas ilegalmente, como Bran, y por ello, un año más tarde el castillo fue otorgado en propiedad a Dominic von Habburg, el hijo de la Princesa Ileana.

In September 2007, an investigation committe of the Romanian Parliament stated that the retrocession of the castle to Archduke Dominic was  illegal, as it broke the Romanian law on property and succession. However, in October 2007 the Constitutional Court of Romania rejected the parliament´s petition on the matter. In addition, an investigation commission of the Romanian government issued a decisión in December 2007 reaffirming the validity and legality of the restitution procedures used and confirming that the restitution was made in ful compliance with the law.

En  setiembre de 2007, un comité de investigación del parlamento rumano sentenció que la cesión al Archiduque  Dominic era ilegal, según la ley de propiedad y sucesión rumana. Sin embargo, en octubre de 2007 el Tribunal Constitucional rumano rechazó la propuesta del parlamento. Además, una comisión de investigación del gobierno rumano emitió una decisión en diciembre de 2007 que reafirmaba la validez y la legalidad del proceso de restitución  y confirmaba que esa restitución había sido hecha bajo el amparo de la ley.

On May 18, 2009, the Bran Castle administration was tranferred from the government to the admistration of Archiduke Dominic and his sisters Maria-Magdalena Holzhausen and Eizabeth Sanhofer. On June 1, the Habsburgs opened the refurbished castle to the public as the first private museum of the country and disclosed with Bran Village a joint strategic concept to maintain ther domination in the Romanian tourist ciruit and to safeguard the econmic base in the región.

El 18 de mayo de 2009, la administración del Satillo Bran se transfirió desde el gobierno hasta la administración del Archiduque Dominic y sus hermanas Maria-Magdalena Holzhausen and Elizabeth Sanhofer. El 1 de junio, los Habsburgs reabrieron el castillo al público como el primer museo privado del país y junto a la villa de Bran, un punto estratégico para mantener el dominio en el circuito turístico rumano y salvar la base económica de a región.

TO SEE MORE



“VALERIU LITERAT” THE FAGARAS COUNTY MUSEUM

11 11 2013

It was established in 1923 based on the etnographic collection assembled by Professor Valeriu Literat (1885-1972). Due to the mixed academic profile of the professor (history, ethnographyand. arts), the collection gathers a great variety of artifacts.

Se estableción en 1923 basado en la colección reunida por el profesor Valerui Literat (1885-1972). Debido a la mezcla de inereses académicos del profesor (historia, etnografía, arte), la colleción reune una gran variedad de elementos.

The central exibition signifies the evolution of Fagaras County. The exhibition is endorsed by documents and representaive events. Based on the content of its patrimony, the central exhibition of the museum was structured in three sections:

1. The history of Fagaras County: archaelogy, medieval ages, modern ages and weapons (in the Donjon Tower).

2. The etnography of Little Wallacia: ceramics, textiles, folk costumes, peasant household interior, sacred images (icons).

3. The sculpture gallery of Virgil Fulicea (1907-1979)

La exposición principal exhibe la evolución del condado de Fagarás. La exposición está basada en documentos y acontecimientos representativos. Basada en el contenido de su patrimonio. la exposición central se estructura en tres secciones:

1. La historia del condado de Fagarás, arqueología, edad media, edad moderna y armas (en la Torre Donjpn)

2. La etnografía de la pequeña Valaquia: cerámica, textiles. costumbres populares. interior de los hogares de los campesinos, imágenes sagradas (iconos)

3. La galería de esculturas de Virgil Fulicea (1907-1979)



FAGARAS FORTRESS

10 11 2013

Being one of the most guarded fortresses from Southern Transylvania, Fagaras Fortress had an importat role for the defense of Transylvania.

La Fortaleza de Fagarás es una de  las más famosas en el sur de Transilvania, con un importante papel en la defensa de la región.

Since 1637, the fortress was sorrounded by a paved water moat. The access to the fortress was made by two bridges with a structure, wooen loor and wooden banisters: one main travelling bridge situated on the east side where nowadays is the main access road and another one, pedestrian, situated on the nothern side. From the dome of the entrance one could reach the house of the jailer and the three dungeons. On the north side, on the first floor there were the houses of the domestic staff: the house of the treasurer, the house of the overseer, and the house of the valets. On the west side there was the captains´dungeon, the vinegar house which, in 1676 accommodated a cooper  machine with a beater.

Desde 1637, la fortaleza estaba rodeada por un foso de agua. El acceso a la fortaleza se hizo con dos puentes con una estructura, un loor de madera y  pasamanos de madea: un puente principal situado  en la parte este donde actualmente se encuentra el principal acceso por carretera y otro, uno patonal situado en el lado norte. Desde la cúpula de la entrada uno pude alcanzar la casa del carcelero y los tres dragones. En la parte norte, een el primer piso estaban las casas del servicio doméstico: la casa del tesorero, la casa del capataz, y la casa de los ayudantes de cámara. En la parte oeste se ubicaba el capitán de la mazmorra, la casa del vinagre que, en 1676 albergó una maquina de fabricar toneles con una batidora.

One of the most beautiful rooms of the castle is the Diet Hall situated on the west wing and transformed after 1639 into a chapel. In 1581 the Diet Hall was renamed as “The Country´s Hall” or “The Big Hall”. Here the gatherings of the Transylvanian Diet were held

Una de las habitaciones más bonitas del castillo es el Diet Hall sitauada en el ala oeste y transformado después de 1639 en una capilla. En 1581 el Diet Hall se llamó el Country´s Hall o el Big Hall. Aquí tuvieron lugar las reuniones de la cúpula transilvana.

On the east wing there were the “new palaces” which serves as deposits. The interior yard was also named the “fortresses square” was paved with river stone. In the middle of the square one could see  the fountain and the river stone. The history mentions the gardens with wild animals (with 26 stags, one buffalo and 39 roes) the vegetable and flower gardens.

En el ala este se encontraban los “nuevos palacios” que se utilizaban como depósitos. El patio interior se llamaba “la plaza de la fortaleza” pavimentada con piedra de río. En medio de la plaza se puede ver la fuente y la piedra de río. La historia cita los jardines con animales salvajes (con 26 ciervos, 1 búfalo y 39 corzos), vegetación y flores de jardín.

THE EVOLUTION OF FAGARAS FORTRESS

LA EVOLUCIÓN DE LA FORTALEZA DE FAGARAS

The history of Fagaras Fortress begins in the 12th and 13th centuries, a time when a wooden and dirt fortress was built on the same place where today´s fortress rests. The wooden fortress was torched 1n 1241, during the Tartat invasion.

La historia de la Fortaleza de Fagarás comienza en los siglo XII y XII, una época en la que se construyó una sucia fortaleza de madera e el mismo emplazazamiento donde se asienta la fortaleza hoy. La fortaleza de madera fue incendiada en 1241, durante la invasión tártara.

At the beginning of the 14th century, the voivode Ladislau Kan started the construction of the stone fortress at Fagaras. From 1413 Fagaras is recognized as a market town and from 1528 Stefan Mailat and his successors  started the transformation of the fortress into  castle. The final constructions of the castle occur in the 17th century. During this century Transylvania falls under the domination of the Hamsburg Empire which brings the decadence of the castle and its transformation into a military garrison.

A comiezos del siglo 14, el voivode Ladislau Kan comenzó la construcción de la fortaleza de piedra de Fagarás. Desde 1413 se recnoce a Fagarás como un mercado y desde 1528 Stefan Mailat y sus sucesores comenzaron la transformación de la fortaleza en castillo. Durante este siglo Transilvania cae bajo a denominación del Imperio de Hamburgo que produjo la decadencia del castillo y su trasformación en una prisión militar.

After the Second World War, Fagaras Fortress was transformed into a communist political prison.

Después de la Segunda Guerra Mundial, la Fortaleza de Fagarás se transformó en una prisión política comunista

The fortress is partially restored starting with 1962 when the Museum of Fagaras Fortress and the municipal Library were established inside its walls. KPUP Comenius team  could visit the Museum of Fagaras Fortress.

La fortaleza se restauró en parte, en 1962,  con el museo de la Fortaleza de Fagaras y la Biblioteca. El equipo KPUP Comenius tuvo la oportunidad de visitar el Museo de la Fortaleza de Fagarás.



THE HISTORY OF EDUCATION IN FAGARAS

3 11 2013

The history of school system in Fagaras  is the history of the highest and most noble aspirations of the local people. Every year, over 6,000 pupils are attending the elementary, middle school and high school classes.

La historia del sistema educativo en Fagaras es la historia de las aspiraciones más altas y nobles de la gente de este pueblo. Cada año, unos 6.000 alumnos estudian en educación primaria, secundaria y bachillerato.

The high school studies are held at “RADU NEGRU”, “DOAMMA STANCA”, “DR. IOAN SENCHEA” and “AUREL VIJOLI”. The National College “Radu Negru” (our KPUP patner) has managed to gain its national and international reputation through its exceptional results.

Los estudios de Bachillerato se imparten en RADU NEGRU, DOAMMA STANCA, DR. IOAN SENCHEA y AUREL VIJOLI. El Colegio Naconal “Radu Negru” (nuestro socio KPUP) ha logrado ganar una reputación nacional e internacional gracias a sus excepcionales resultados.

Pupils of the “Radu Negru” have won international Olympiads (Gold in Mathematics and Chemistry, certificate of Merit in Philosophy), they have been admitted at prestige universities suchs as Princeton, Sorbonne, Cambridge, Oxford or Bremen.

Los alumnos de Radu Negru han ganado Olimpiadas internacionales ( Medalla de Oro en Matemáticas y Química, certificado de distinción en Filosofía), han entrado en prestigiosas universidades como Princeton, La Sorbona, Oxford o Bremen.

The education in Fagaras has yielded academics, science people, bishops, scholars, writers and journalists, emeritus of sports.

La educación en Fagarás ha creado académicos, científicos, obispos, doctores, escritores y periodistas, famosos del deporte.

Anti-communists fighters formed in this high school defended in the mountains, with the price of thir own lives, the fundamental humankind and Romanian values.

Los luchadores anti-comunistas formados en esta escuela defendieron en las montañas, con el precio de sus propias vidas, los valores fundamentales rumanos del ser humano.

Recently, a branch of the Lucian Braga University from Sibiu was opened in Fagaras. Economic Sciences, Public administration and Law can now be stufied in Fagaras.

Recientemente, se ha abierto una rama de la Universidad de Lucan Braga de Sibiu. Económicas, Administación Pública y  Derecho se pueden estudiar ahora en Fagarás.