FAGARAS FORTRESS

10 11 2013

Being one of the most guarded fortresses from Southern Transylvania, Fagaras Fortress had an importat role for the defense of Transylvania.

La Fortaleza de Fagarás es una de  las más famosas en el sur de Transilvania, con un importante papel en la defensa de la región.

Since 1637, the fortress was sorrounded by a paved water moat. The access to the fortress was made by two bridges with a structure, wooen loor and wooden banisters: one main travelling bridge situated on the east side where nowadays is the main access road and another one, pedestrian, situated on the nothern side. From the dome of the entrance one could reach the house of the jailer and the three dungeons. On the north side, on the first floor there were the houses of the domestic staff: the house of the treasurer, the house of the overseer, and the house of the valets. On the west side there was the captains´dungeon, the vinegar house which, in 1676 accommodated a cooper  machine with a beater.

Desde 1637, la fortaleza estaba rodeada por un foso de agua. El acceso a la fortaleza se hizo con dos puentes con una estructura, un loor de madera y  pasamanos de madea: un puente principal situado  en la parte este donde actualmente se encuentra el principal acceso por carretera y otro, uno patonal situado en el lado norte. Desde la cúpula de la entrada uno pude alcanzar la casa del carcelero y los tres dragones. En la parte norte, een el primer piso estaban las casas del servicio doméstico: la casa del tesorero, la casa del capataz, y la casa de los ayudantes de cámara. En la parte oeste se ubicaba el capitán de la mazmorra, la casa del vinagre que, en 1676 albergó una maquina de fabricar toneles con una batidora.

One of the most beautiful rooms of the castle is the Diet Hall situated on the west wing and transformed after 1639 into a chapel. In 1581 the Diet Hall was renamed as “The Country´s Hall” or “The Big Hall”. Here the gatherings of the Transylvanian Diet were held

Una de las habitaciones más bonitas del castillo es el Diet Hall sitauada en el ala oeste y transformado después de 1639 en una capilla. En 1581 el Diet Hall se llamó el Country´s Hall o el Big Hall. Aquí tuvieron lugar las reuniones de la cúpula transilvana.

On the east wing there were the “new palaces” which serves as deposits. The interior yard was also named the “fortresses square” was paved with river stone. In the middle of the square one could see  the fountain and the river stone. The history mentions the gardens with wild animals (with 26 stags, one buffalo and 39 roes) the vegetable and flower gardens.

En el ala este se encontraban los “nuevos palacios” que se utilizaban como depósitos. El patio interior se llamaba “la plaza de la fortaleza” pavimentada con piedra de río. En medio de la plaza se puede ver la fuente y la piedra de río. La historia cita los jardines con animales salvajes (con 26 ciervos, 1 búfalo y 39 corzos), vegetación y flores de jardín.

THE EVOLUTION OF FAGARAS FORTRESS

LA EVOLUCIÓN DE LA FORTALEZA DE FAGARAS

The history of Fagaras Fortress begins in the 12th and 13th centuries, a time when a wooden and dirt fortress was built on the same place where today´s fortress rests. The wooden fortress was torched 1n 1241, during the Tartat invasion.

La historia de la Fortaleza de Fagarás comienza en los siglo XII y XII, una época en la que se construyó una sucia fortaleza de madera e el mismo emplazazamiento donde se asienta la fortaleza hoy. La fortaleza de madera fue incendiada en 1241, durante la invasión tártara.

At the beginning of the 14th century, the voivode Ladislau Kan started the construction of the stone fortress at Fagaras. From 1413 Fagaras is recognized as a market town and from 1528 Stefan Mailat and his successors  started the transformation of the fortress into  castle. The final constructions of the castle occur in the 17th century. During this century Transylvania falls under the domination of the Hamsburg Empire which brings the decadence of the castle and its transformation into a military garrison.

A comiezos del siglo 14, el voivode Ladislau Kan comenzó la construcción de la fortaleza de piedra de Fagarás. Desde 1413 se recnoce a Fagarás como un mercado y desde 1528 Stefan Mailat y sus sucesores comenzaron la transformación de la fortaleza en castillo. Durante este siglo Transilvania cae bajo a denominación del Imperio de Hamburgo que produjo la decadencia del castillo y su trasformación en una prisión militar.

After the Second World War, Fagaras Fortress was transformed into a communist political prison.

Después de la Segunda Guerra Mundial, la Fortaleza de Fagarás se transformó en una prisión política comunista

The fortress is partially restored starting with 1962 when the Museum of Fagaras Fortress and the municipal Library were established inside its walls. KPUP Comenius team  could visit the Museum of Fagaras Fortress.

La fortaleza se restauró en parte, en 1962,  con el museo de la Fortaleza de Fagaras y la Biblioteca. El equipo KPUP Comenius tuvo la oportunidad de visitar el Museo de la Fortaleza de Fagarás.

Estadísticas Este artículo ha sido visitado  888  veces


Acciones

Informaciones

Enviar un comentario


*
Para demostrar que eres un usuario (no un script de spam), introduce la palabra de seguridad mostrada en la imagen.
Anti-Spam Image