PALACE OF GRAN DUKES & EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM: Music of Waza´s and Reinaissance epochs

8 04 2014

 

The reconstructed Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania, the former political, diplomatic, cultural center of the State, was one of the most famous in Europe in the 15th-17th centures and was demolished in the beginning of the 19th century. This Palace is excellent located just in the heart of Vilnius, within the confines of Lower Castle. Nowadays the Gothic, Renaissance and Early Baroque halls of this multifunctional Museum are ideally applicable to organize a different size and content public events, official visits, conferences, meetings, seminars, concerts, performances, receptions and other.

El palacio, reconstruido, de los Grandes Duques de Lituania, en un primer momento, centro cultural político, del Estado, fue uno de los más famosos en Europa en los siglos del  XV al XVII, y fue demolido en el comienzo del siglo XIX. Este palacio está excelentemente situado justo en el centro de Vilnius, en los confines del castillo más bajo. Hoy en día el gótico, renacentista y barroco temprano de las  salas de este museo multifuncional son  perfectas  para   organizar eventos públicos , visitas oficiales, conferencias, reuniones, seminarios, conciertos, espectáculos, recepciones …

We were so lucky to enjoy a seminar on Reinassaance and Barroque music in which our KPUP students could learn and practice different  old instruments. The expert in charge was really great and she knew how to transmit and  motivate us.

Fuimos muy afortunados de poder disfrutar de un seminario de musica renacentista y barroca con nuestros estudiantes del KPUP Comenius que pudieron aprender y practicar diferentes instrumentos antiguos. La persona a cargo fue realmente fantástica  y supo cómo transmitir y motivarnos.



TRAKU CASTLE

8 04 2014

 

Trakai and Trakai Castle are important to Lithuanian history. Associated with the Grand Duke Gediminas, a medieval Lithuanian hero, Trakai rose to importance before the Grand Duchy of Lithuania joined with Poland. The area began to develop in the 1400s with its castle the center of the action, though the area saw human habitation long before these permanent structures were built. “Trakai” references the “glade” in which the area appears.

Trakai y el Castillo de Trakai son importantes para la historia de Lituania. Asociado con el Gran Duque Gediminas, un héroe medieval de Lituania, Trakai creció en importancia ante el Gran Ducado de Lituania que se unió con Polonia. La zona comenzó a desarrollarse en la década de 1400, con su castillo del centro de la acción, aunque la zona vio el asentamiento  humano mucho antes de que se construyeron estas estructuras permanentes. “Trakai” hace referencia al “claro” en el que aparece la zona.

Trakai Island Castle is an island castle located in Trakai, Lithuania on an island in Lake Galvé. The castle is sometimes referred to as “Little Marienburg”. The construction of the stone castle was begun in the 14th century by Kestutis, and around 1409 major works were completed by his son Vytaustas, the Great, who died in this castle in 1430. Trakai was one of the main centres of the  and the castle held great strategic importance.

Trakai Castle Island es una isla situada en el castillo de Trakai, Lituania en una isla en el lago Galve. El castillo se refiere a veces como la “Pequeña Marienburg”. Se inició la construcción del castillo de piedra en el siglo XIV por Kestutis, y alrededor de 1.409 las obras principales fueron completados por su hijo Vytaustas, el Grande, que murió en el castillo en 1430. Trakai fue uno de los principales centros del Gran Ducado de Lituania y el castillo tuvo una gran importancia estratégica.

During the 19th century, castle reconstruction plans were prepared. Its original frescos were preserved and copied by  Wicentry Smokosky. The Imperial Archaeological Commission initiated the documentation of the remaining castle in 1888. In 1905, the Imperial Russian authorities decided to partially restore the castle ruins. During World War I, Germans brought in their specialists, who made several attempts to restore the castle. Between 1935 and 1941, parts of the Ducal Palace walls were strengthened, and the southeastern forecastle tower was rebuilt, including sections of its walls. Lithuanian and Polish preservationists worked on the project, but the work stopped when the war gained in intensity. After World War II, a major reconstruction project was begun in 1946; active work started in 1951-1952. The major portion of the reconstruction was finished in 1961. The castle was reconstructed in a 15th-century style.

Trakai Island Castle is now a major tourist attraction.

Durante el siglo 19, se prepararon los planes de reconstrucción del castillo. Sus frescos originales fueron conservados y copiados por Wicentry Smokosky. La Comisión Arqueológica Imperial inició la documentación del castillo restante en 1888. En 1905, las autoridades rusas imperiales decidieron restaurar parcialmente las ruinas del castillo. Durante la Primera Guerra Mundial, los alemanes trajeron a sus especialistas, quienes hicieron varios intentos de restaurar el castillo. Entre 1935 y 1941, las partes de las paredes del Palacio Ducal se fortalecieron, y la torre del castillo de proa al sureste fue reconstruida, incluyendo secciones de sus paredes. Conservadores lituanos y polacos trabajaron en el proyecto, pero el trabajo se detuvo cuando la guerra ganó en intensidad. Después de la Segunda Guerra Mundial, se inició un gran proyecto de reconstrucción en 1946. El castillo fue reconstruido en un estilo del sigloXV

Trakai Castle Island es ahora una importante atracción turística.



DAWN GATE (AUROS VARTAL)

8 04 2014

 

Completed in 1522, the Dawn Gate or Sharp Gate (Ostra Brama) as it´s known to the Poles, is the only remaining gate from the city´s original defensive walls. As was common at the time, an image of the Virgin Mary was placed above all gates to protect the city, and the story of the Dawn Gate starts from this simple historic fact.

Terminada en 1522, la Puerta de la Aurora o Ostra Brama, como es conocida por los polacos, es la única puerta que queda de las murallas originales de la ciudad. Como era típico de la época, una imagen de la Virgen María se colocama encima de todas las puertas para proteger la ciudad y la historia de la Puerta de la Aurora comienza con este simple hecho historico.

The current image, known as the Blessed Virgin Mary mother of Mercy, was painted on eight pieces of oak in around 1630 by an unknown artist, was embellished with gold and silver about 40 years after that, was housed inside a purpose built chapel above the gate in 1706 and is believed to  have magic powers.

La imagen actual, conocida como la bendita Virgen Marí, Madre de Gracia, fue pintada sobre ocho piezas de roble alrededor de 1630, por un artista desconocido, fue ennoblecida con oro y plata 40 años después, y fue situada en una capilla construida para tal fin sobre la Puerta en 170, se cree que tiene poderes mágicos.

Interestingly, the Dawn Gate is revered by both the Catholic and Orthodox faiths and is such an important part of the city´s cultural heritage that it remained open throughout the Soviet occupation. Watch closely as people walking underneath say a silent prayer.

Curiosamente, la Puerta del la Aurora fue reverenciada por ambos, católicos y ortodoxos y es una parte muy importante de la  herencia cultural de la ciudad que estuvo abierta incluso durante la ocupación soviética. Mirad cuidadosamente como la gente  que camina por debajo reza una oración en silencio.



OPEN AIR MUSEUM OF LITHUANIA

8 04 2014

 

On March, 29th, the KPUP Comenius team visited the Open Air Museum of Lithuania, in Rumsiskes, 25km from Kaunas and 79km from Vilinius.

El 29 de marzo, el equipo KPUP Comenius visitó el Museo al Aire Libre de Lituania, en Rumsiskes, a 25 km. de Kaunas y 79km. de Vilinius.

The Open Air Museum of Lithuania is a unique and one of the largest (195 ha) open-air museums in Europe. It has the biggest quantity of exhibits (140 buildings and over 88,000 mobile exhibits). The museum presents the mode of life, works and traditions of peasants and townspeople of all Lithuanian ethnografic areas: Dzukija, Aukstaitija, Suvalkija, Zemaitija, and Lithuania Minor.

El Mueso al Aire Libre de Lituania es único y uno de los más grandes (195 hectáreas) museos al aire libre de Europa. Tiene la mayor  cantidad de muestras (14o edificios y unas 88.000 exposiciones). El muuseo nos presenta el modo de vida, los trabajos y las tradiciones de los campeasinos y la gente de la ciudad de todas las zonas etnográficas de Lituania: Dzukija, Aukstitija, Suvalkija, Zemaitija, and Lithuania Menor.

 

It was established in 1966, in Rumsiskès on a picturesque coast of Kaunas Lagoon. There are fragments of the villages, authentic farms, century-old buildings with flower gardens, orchads and vegetable gardens, with crosses and wooden roofed poles, tecnical facilities- mills, forges, a fulling-mill and oil-mill lining along 7Km circular route, meandering between forests, meadows and hills.

Inaugurado en 1966, en la ladres del Lago Kaunas. Hay partes del pueblo, auténticas granjas, edificios centenarios con jardines florales, y cultivos, con con cruces y postes de madera bajo techo, intalaciones técnicas: molinos, fraguas, un batán y un forro molino de aceite, a lo largo de 7 kilometros de ruta circular, que serpentea entre bosques, praderas y colinas.

In the centre of the museum there is a fragment of a township with its typical buildings, where pots are shaped, amber and wood works are done and weaving process of linen is presented.

En el centro del museo hay un trozo de pueblo con las típicas edificaciones, donde se fabrican ollas, ámbar y madera y se presenta el proceso del tejido de lino.

The painful past of Lithuanian history is reminded in the sector of Deportation and Resistance.

El doloroso pasado de la historia de Lituania se recuerda en la zona de Deportación y Resistencia.