Hello guys! This term we are studying ethical theories. This is the most difficult unit this year, but I think that you will deal with it. On Thursday we are going to learn a bit more about “Virtue Ethics“. This theory was thought for the first time by Aristotle, the Greek philosopher (5th century BC). Let’s do some activities in order to learn more about it:
1. Work in pairs. Read the following website and answer the questions in your notebook.
a) What was the name of the school where Aristotle studied philosophy?
b) Aristotle was the tutor of a prince. Who was that person?
c) For Aristotle, it’s not the same to be a good man than to be… what? Try to explain his point of view using your own words.
2. Work in pairs. Look at the following website and search for the definition of “virtue”. Copy it in your notebook.
3. Work in pairs. Look at the following website and do the activity about virtues.
4. Work in pairs. Choose one of the virtues from the previous activity and look for a quote about it. Copy the quote in your notebook and say yor opinion. (Remember to write the name of the person who said the quote).
5. Work in pairs. Look at this website and do the review activity. Enjoy!
6. (Optional). Send a comment to this article answering these questions: What have you learnt with these activities? Do you like them? Why? Make a suggestion in order to create more activities.
You did it really well. You are really good at Ethics.